Obihai Ob202 and
ObiBT, Google Voice & Ting
Cut your monthly landline and mobile phone bills. Improve
your phone services.
for small business,
home offices and homes with multiple phone lines. . .
this kit and the recommended services:
you eliminate your monthly
landline phone bills from the Phone Company (or the Cable Company)
improved phone services for your business, office. huddle rooms or home
You use your existing
mobile phone, your corded or cordless phones, and your broadband
internet service to
make and receive calls over the internet for free (or at a very low-cost).
Obi202 Package Contents
Obi202 connections diagram
Obi202 & ObiBT used together
ObiBT connection to OBI202
ObiBT user guide
ObiBT USB device
Obi200 front & rear image
- Place and Receive Calls on Regular Phones -
- Once Google Voice is configured on the (web access from browser required
for initial set-up), you can start calling from your regular house
or office phones.
- Free Calling - Free Calls to US and Canada
Calling the U.S. is free from the U.S. & Canada and 1’ per minute from
- Call Internationally at a very Low Rates to
over 150 destination
countries - International calling per minute rates start at 1’
to China, Mexico, Brazil and 150 other destinations with no connection
- One number for all of your phones -
someone calls your number, it can be set to ring
all of your other phones connected to devices and your mobile phone and
- Define which phones ring - You can define
which phone will ring based on who's calling.
- Google Voice use smart
technology to route your calls. So, if you're already on a Google Voice
call, Google Voice will recognize it and use call waiting to reach you on
the phone you're on.
- Block Unwanted Calls -
- Send calls and text
identified as spam to spam folder with Google Voice Global Spam Filtering
- Custom voicemail greetings -
can set up custom voicemail greetings based on who
is calling you e.g. your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Voicemail that acts like email -
- You can have
your voice messages transcribed and sent directly to your inbox or sent to
your phone as a text message.
- Flexible Bridging -
- With the recommended optional
Bluetooth adapter, receive calls to your Google Voice number then use
the device to bridge to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android
devices using Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G (without using your cell minutes).
- 3-way Calling -
- Lets you talk to two people at
the same time even if its international calls.
- Call Screening -
- Call screening lets you know who's calling your Google number before
you accept the call. It also allows you options on how to handle your
calls so that you can choose to accept it, send the caller to voicemail, or record the call.
- Call waiting -
- Answer an incoming call when
you are already engaged in an active call.
- Call Recording -
- Once Call Recording feature
is activated under Google Voice settings, you will be able to record your
current calls by pressing #4. Learn More → Amazingly Simple
- Optional 911 Service -
- Since Google Voice
does not support 911 calling, for a small fee, the device may be
set-up with a dedicated E911 VoIP service.
- Optional ObiTalk Services are also available
Premium Support and ObiExtras:
The only required services & devices you need are:
Broadband Internet Connection
- Internet Router with an Available
Obi202 or the
Obi200 Device - connecting
to your existing internet router (via a Cat-5 cable or an optional
ObiWiFi5g Wi-Fi connector)
- One or more telephones:
- (your existing
' house' or 'office" analog or digital phone) connecting to your device (via a phone cable),
- your cell phone with the optional
ObiBT Blue Tooth adapter.
- A VoIP Service Provider Account
(the free Google
Voice is highly recommended).
The other optional services and devices are:
Here are the links for ordering the required Obi202 and the
optional ObiBT and ObiWiFi items:
- Switch to Ting mobile phone service - the average
monthly Ting cell phone bill is $23 per month.
- Transfer and keep your existing landline phone
numbers - $20 per line.
- an E911 emergency 911 phone service - $15 per year
ObiWiFi adapter to eliminate the cat5 cable to the router.
- Optional professional installation and ongoing
Here are the simple steps the get started.
- Get the devices delivered:
Obi202 alone, or
- with the
Blue Tooth device (for mobile phone connectivity), or ObiWiFi (to
eliminate the Cat5 cable to the router)
- Setup: Sign-in to your Gmail account
- Get a Google Voice number
- Get a free OBiTALK account
- Add your Obi202 or
Obi200 device to OBiTALK
- Start calling
Connect your mobile phone to Ting to
reduce your cell phone minutes (via VoIP use) and costs (via credits and
- Transfer your
existing home/office phone number to the new Ting service (optional) -
$20 fee - and then to Google Voice
http://www.obihai.com/porttutorial This tutorial will
guide you through the process of porting a non-mobile number to Google
Voice. Once your number is ported, you can eliminate the monthly fee and
use this number on the OBi with Google Voice.
Since Google does not support porting non-mobile numbers to
Google Voice directly, this requires a two-step process that we will
describe in greater detail below. In essence, you will first port your
number to a mobile service number ( via T-Mobile or
Ting) and then the mobile service number (previously the
original number) to become your Google Voice number.
- Cancel you existing
landline phone service (from the cable or phone company) - save $20 to
$100 per month
Obi202's two (2) on-board phone connections
or via the
(1) on-board phone connection, you have the power
and receive phone calls using VoIP services (such as
Google Voice) for a fraction of the cost a
traditional phone company would charge.
The OBi202 supports up to four (4)
VoIP services like Google Voice (recommended), Anveo, Callcentric, VoIP.ms or a multitude of SIP
Internet phone services as well as calls to other endpoints via Obihai's
free OBiTALK network.
The OBi202 also supports the T.38 fax standard for
facsimile calls over the Internet.
The OBi202 is equipped with a 2-port router with integrated quality of
service (QoS). The OBi202 may be installed in a variety of network
environments and/or locations where upstream voice traffic needs to be
prioritized above other types of traffic like web surfing and uploading
pictures and movies.
Obi200 USB port serves multiple purposes when used with Obihai USB
OBiWiFi Wireless Adapter, the OBi202 can be
placed anywhere within range of an 802.11b/g/n access point.
Bluetooth wireless adapter allows a USB-equipped device to pair with a
mobile phone so you can place calls and answer calls using any standard home
phones connected to the OBi. The OBiBT works with most mobile phones using
Bluetooth wireless technology.
The OBiLINE adapter allows a USB-equipped
device to make calls to a Land-Line Service from Phones connected to the OBi.
Use the free OBiTALK and
free or low-cost VoIP services to lower your phone
Unlocked Use with Any VoIP Service Provider (SIP)
- Get the Lowest Cost International Calls with Service Providers of Your
- Premium Features Caller ID, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, 3-Way
- Free Obi to
Obi Calls Anywhere in the World
- No Computer Required to Make/Receive Calls
- Make Calls at Receiving Rate When the Automatically
Calls You Back
Great Call Quality - Even when there is heavy Internet traffic.
- Mini-Phone System
- The two phone ports work together making the OBi202
great for a small business.
- Reliable Faxing with T.38 when supported from the connected VoIP
Use calling Apps from Your Smart Phone or Tablet
to get Started
- Connect the Obi202
to Your Internet Router.
Optional: You may also use the OBiWiFi
Wireless Adapter to connect your OBi202 to any Wireless Wi-Fi access
point within range.
- Connect Your Home or Office Phone to the OBi
via a telephone cable
- Sign-on to www.OBiTALK.com
- Set-Up a Voice Service from a List of Partner Providers
Technical Support via Email, OBiTALK Community Forum
- Free Software Updates & Enhancements
OBi202 Device Telephony Features:
Message Waiting Indication - Visual and Tone Based
- Speed Dialing of 99 Endpoints or Numbers
- Three-Party Conference Calling with Local Mixing
- Hook Flash Event Signaling
- Phone Port Collaborative Feature-Set: Incoming Call and Call On-Hold
Pick-Up, Join / Barge-In
- Caller ID - Number
- Caller ID - Name
- Call Waiting
- Call Forward - Unconditional
- Call Forward on Busy
- Call Forward on No Answer
- Do Not Disturb
- Call Return
- Call Recording (From Device Web UI)
- Call History (Last 200 Calls from Device Web UI)
- Aggregation and Bridging of Four (4) SIP and One (1) OBiTALK Services
- Automatic Attendant (AA) for Simplified Call Routing
- Call Back Service - Connect to AA to Make a New Call or Ring the
OBiTALK Web Portal Integration:
Configuration and Management of Endpoints
- Addition & Configuration of VoIP Service Providers - Including 7-Digit
- Download Apps for Smart Phones, Internet Tablet Devices
- Creating & Joining Circles of Trust So You Can Share Your OBi's Services
with Friends & Family
- Setting Up Your Endpoint Speed Dial Directory
Obihai Obi200 Review - Block Spam Phone Calls &
Cut the Landline Bill with Google Voice!
17 min video review - 03/2017
Obihai Obi200 Follow-up: Enabling 911 / E911
Services and Google Voice Number Porting
5 min video - 03/2017
Controls and a speakerphone to your Obihai device & Google Voice: